donderdag 24 oktober 2013

Waterproof it!

Because Belgium is more on the rainy side of the world I am mostly looking for make up products that are waterproof.
A lot of times I can't find a waterproof version. I can live with the fact that my eye shadow isn't waterproof but my eyeliner and mascara should be.
Eyeliner is the easiest to find waterproof.
Mascara though, is much harder!

Latest purchase: How to make your mascara waterproof?

I maybe have found myself a saviour.
Catrice has this one probably for a long time. But silly me only discovered this a few months ago.
The Catrice waterproof Topcoat is supposed to make every non waterproof mascara, waterproof.
As the tube says: 'Makes every mascara waterproof'.
When you open the mascara you can see the topcoat is a gel. (and it stinks) It feels really greasy. Untouched, thinking it might dry pretty quickly, but it doesn't.

I always put mascaras to the test when I take a shower. Of course the showerheads strength of water is pretty hard and really wet(you don't have that amount of water in your face when it rains). But it's a great way to find out whether your mascara is waterproof or not!

So to test this topcoat I took a non waterproof mascara put it on and over it, a layer of waterpoof topcoat!
When you test non waterproof mascara in the shower you immediately see that your mascara comes of. Put on the topcoat you immediately see that it does not come of!
But after a while, putting it to the test a few times. (meaning: use your fingers on the lashes to see if something comes of) You do see that your mascara is coming of.

I feel like the waterproof topcoat just vanishes. Like it's not waterproof itself.
The layer of waterproofness is gone. At least that's how I feel.

Of course keep in mind that is does not rain as heavily on your face as your showerhead does.
So I think when you just walk in the rain (and happen to forgot your umbrella) some drops might touch your lashes. And with that little amount of water touching your lashes the waterproof coat will survive.

So therefore I think you're going to be fine when just walking down the street when it rains and you have this topcoat on.
But it won't be good for when you want to go for a swim. Then your mascara will go of.

This was a really funny thing to test, and I'm still testing. Every non waterproof mascara is tried all over again. But so far no single mascara with waterproof topcoat survived my showerhead. 

Geen opmerkingen: