dinsdag 18 februari 2014

Smoothing Lip Polish

I have been shopping way to much last few weeks. Making me super behind on reviews.
The new change on Essence and Catrice came, which I went for the other day. I still have my products from Berlin. So there's a lot to come.
I did came around to testing a few already, so let's just get on to it.
The first review of a lot to come is here and it's from Catrice.

As I said their new assortment came and well discussed and looked forward to were the Smoothing Lip Polishes. In Berlin I did find one already and in Belgium I got myself a second shade.
Packeging looks really good. I actually noticed them instantly when being in my local drugstores, so they must have something to them that makes this possible. Probably because they were the newest of newbies.

The shades though really did not appeal to me a lot. They have a really bright bright pink but besides that one, it's not like I have a woaw feel for them. But the red-ish pink one called Megan Fuchsia I found interesting and the Jen & Berry's, plummy shade too.
When first opening them I thought they would actually just work as a lipgloss. But it feels fairly weird to be honest. It glides on really smooth as a tint, but when fully applied it's the sticky feeling of a gloss. And probably even stickier.
The colour applies really easy by the nicely shaped applicator. It makes it super easy to follow your natural lips.

Colourwise I absolutely love them. They are so pigmented! The colours are really pretty and make you want to buy the other colours too. (which I certainly will eventually)
Their promise of the so called 8h stay, no. After eating, drinking, ... Even the tiniest amount. Gone.
I never feel not any lipproduct, for me personally, is living up to the expectations brands give you in terms of lasting power. So neither this one stayed for up to 8h.

The colours I have now are as being said Megan Fuchsia and Jen & Berry's, plummy and red-ish pink.
FLTR: Jen & Berry's, Megan Fuchsia (one layer)
 
My personal favourite must be the plum berry shade. I feel, even when it's plum, it looks rather natural but good. The my lips but better kind of colour, at least for me.
The Fuchsia shade is gorgeous too, but that shade I would rather pick in summer.
 
Overall thought: I like them a lot. I definitely don't mind the fairly sticky feeling of them and probably the big winner is their pigmentation, which is darn good. And with the lasting power I can live with as well, re-applying isn't that hard.
 
So tell me, would you ever consider trying this new product?

Geen opmerkingen: