maandag 7 april 2014

Baby Skin

Primer: I have a love hate relationship. Some make me super oily and some actually do the job.

Maybelline came out with their new beauty: the Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. Not available in Belgium but my lovely sister in law bought me one. And of course it was put to the test.

My thoughts? Continue reading.
A few weeks ago I talked about new Belgian drugstore primers, you can read it here.
The Essence one came out really good, but I'm still looking for better.
I love to own the well famous Pore-fessional, but it is around 30 euros, and for me, a bit to expensive.

The Maybelline Baby Skin was therefore a nice alternative (£7,99)
What Maybelline says: Pores should instantly be erased for a smooth-looking skin.
The first thing to notice about the primer is that it is a clear primer and that is feels light.
When I was testing it the first time on my hand, I instantly liked the feeling that the primer gives after it has been applied.
My hand felt so smooth and soft.

When I was blending the first taken product on my face I didn't agree with 'a little goes a long way' I definitely need more then what I'm normally used to.
But still the feeling of this primer I absolutely wonderful.
It feels indeed as the packaging says: Lightweight. It doesn't feel like you have something on your face yet. When it comes to my pores though, they are still visible. However I feel rubbing isn't the right way to apply this primer. Dapping the product is way more effective. Your pores will not vanish with dapping but it makes a difference and it makes them less visible.

When it comes to what it does to my foundation. I feel I get less oily then I normally do. And that way my foundation does stay on better. So if you have like me, a more oily skin, I can totally recommend this primer.

Overall thought: I'm impressed. I didn't expect to much but it does keep me more matt then with any other primer and therefore, a longerlasting foundation. And the advantage of less visible pores.
What more can you ask?

Tell me would you ever try this primer?

Geen opmerkingen: