vrijdag 23 mei 2014

Revlon: Lash Potion Mascara

I totally love the fact that once in a couple of months my sister goes to the UK to visit her lovely friends over there. Everytime she goes (and I have money) I give her my wishlist. And she usually manage to take all products on the wishlist.

Last time she went I only had two make up products (one she didn't find), including a mascara.
I knew we, in Belgium, can buy it in a high end/drugstore, but over there is was cheaper.

So I decided to let her bring it. The main reason I got it was the fab packaging.
But what are my thoughts? Keep reading to find out.

I had set my eye on the Revlon Lash Potion Grow Luscious mascara.
Normally I never go by only one positive thing I hear about a product but I couldn't resist it anymore after it being in someones favourites video. 
The tube is absolutely stunning, when you see it. But when you actually hold it, it feels really cheap. The packaging though, makes up for it!

When I first opened the product the brush seemed to be very nice. Not plastic and all hair, also a larger brush = all good things I normally love about a mascarawand.
But I have to be honest. In the beginning you do notice a volumizing and thickening mascara effect. But somehow you can't make this mascara look nice. If you apply this mascara it gets super spidery. Even when you try to fix it, it doesn't work. 

What I do feel is that this mascara wouldn't get clumpy or anything and your lashes don't stick together.
The finish, for me, ends up being spidery. Not for me, but you might like this type of look.
Besides that spidery look, I also feel that there is some lengthening with this mascara. Only not the amount I want.

Of course, like with every other mascara, these are my findings. I got this finish on my lashes and it doesn't work. On you this mascara might look absolutely stunning.

Overall thought: This might be a well loved mascara with other people but not with me. I get a spidery finish and don't receive the lengthening and volumizing look that I like. I probably will not purchase it again.

Tell me, do you like this mascara better than I do? 

Geen opmerkingen: