zondag 21 september 2014

Maybelline: Color Elixir

Recently I have found my ultimate nude shade in the form of a lipstick. In A Rosegarden by Catrice. Affordable, gorgeous and so nude! That search took me ages and the lipstick instantly was the only one used in a long long times, also most used and almost finished as well.

Yet on my trip to London I found something. Wanting this specific product after lots of love by Essie Button I was most happy realising that I indeed could find them in Boots and Superdrug. I took three to start with ^^

I am super excited to share my thoughts with you on some Maybelline products today. Lets have a look.

Today I am talking about the Maybelline Color Elixir.
Its said that they provide you with the colour of a lipstick, caring part of a balm and shine of a gloss.

On the USA market there are 20 shades available, on the UK highstreet there were only 10 shades to be found.
I got myself three shades. 705 Blush Essence, 710 Rose Redefined and 135 Raspberry Rhapsody.

- 705 is a pink neutral shade, with some nice silver glitter in there. Very suitable for daily wear.
- Rose Redefined is a nice, also good for daily wear, orange/coral shade, not including glitter.
- Lastly 135 Raspberry Rhapsody is a vibrant berry shade, containing a slight silver glitter as well. 
The packaging is really cool. The bullet look of a lipstick, yet with an applicator of a gloss.
I would say the bullet colours are a bit misleading because Blush Essence looks coral where it is not and Rose Redefined doesn't look coral but it is. 

That aside, lets put these babies to the test.
When first applying them they, easy to say, just feel as a lipgloss. Simple as that, they have an awesome scent to them as well. I feel like you could eat them.
With the pigmentation of a lipstick claim I don't really agree with but for being lipglosses of some sort they are indeed very pigmented.

I tried all of these glosses on a full day of work and as any other day I get a lunch break, but I can say they don't survive a meal. Yet they do survive lots of water.

I also had a half day of work and I then noticed that without meals they last a really good amount of time. From 12 am to 4 pm! After that amount of hours they are fading, indeed. But what I do feel and haven't seen written down before is that they act like a stain.


Even though the colour is pretty much rubbed of I still got a very vibrant colour or my lips but better colour showing up on my lips. Which for me is a big plus to these glosses.

On the moister claim. I am drawn to say that after they became a stain I felt that my lips could use a bit of moister but they aren't super drying what so ever.
Here you have a swatch of all my shades FLTR: 705 Blush Essence, 710 Rose Redefined, 135 Raspberry Rhapsody. One sweep of very good pigmentation I say!

Overall thought: I think I have found myself some daily use goodies! They are very pigmented to be a gloss and after they lasted several hours without a meal they become a highly appreciated stain. But my lips could use some moister after that. Would I repurchase, I think I would, I also want all the other shades now!

Tell me, have you ever wanted to give these Elixirs a try?

Geen opmerkingen: