vrijdag 8 augustus 2014

Mascara Review: Two in One

If I splurge on something it must be mascara. I have an overload of them. But I love those tube things so much. It is the one thing you will never see me without, besides when I go to bed.

A few days ago there was a nice deal going on in my drugstore. Discounts on mascaras of every brand.

Result? Two new mascaras and today I am putting them in the spotlight.
Continue reading to find out more.

The mascaras I went for are the Mega Volume mascara by MUA in Waterproof black and the Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves mascara by Rimmel in Blackest black.
They both are available in regular drugstores. Rimmel for about 10 to 13 euros and MUA for about 2 to 5euros.

The first mascara I'm going to focus on is Rimmels Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves.
First of all I love the packaging. Black and red always works! Rock on..

Opening the tube, and I think all agree, that this is the first time I saw a brush like that. Curvy.
You can get rid of excess mascara but where the bristles are the shortest its likely to have a glop of mascara on. 
Not to worry because the other side of the brush is the side that does the magic.

The wand is amazing in giving you a lot of volume. Separation wise I also can't complain at all. Very nice too. And the length I get from this beauty is perfect.
Lastly the effect of false flared lashes is absolutely great. It is a long time ago that a drugstore mascara could do that to my lashes. And the best thing about it all. The curl, volume, seperation and length flared look holds throughout the whole day!

The next mascara to be in my mascara spotlight is the MUA Mega Volume mascara.
Will it be equally good as the Rimmel one? Well starting of with opening this tube I instantly was let down a bit. My way to see if mascara is going to be good or clumpy is the consistency of the product.

The product inside isn't shiny but looks dry. And normally on me this means it is going to be clumpy and not nice in general.
But even though I was already skeptical I did give it a fair go.
Starting with the brush it reminds of the brush from Revlons Lash Potion mascara but all plastic (which is also something I normally don't get along with very well).

But when applying this I was surprised with what the brush did to my lashes. I got a descent amount of volume by this brush.
The product is intense black and instantly also makes your lashes appear more and that add of volume is very nice too. But for me it is just a very normal daily super natural mascara and nothing more.

It separates fine but I got/am so much more impressed by the Rimmel one. Also on me the curl doesn't hold that well throughout the day. Unfortunately.

Overall thought: My favourite is obviously the Rimmel mascara. That one gave me a lot of volume, separation and a flared false lash look. And the curl holds amazingly! I love it loads! The MUA mascara might be great on other people but I couldn't be convinced. It gives a bit of volume and more appearing lashes. Perfect for a super natural look but not what I look for in a mascara.

Tell me, what are your thoughts on these mascaras?

Geen opmerkingen: