dinsdag 23 september 2014

Revlon: Colorburst Moisture Stain

On my trip to London I really got in the mood for getting myself loads of lip products. All those thing that aren't available here or if they are over there they were less expensive. Hurts the wallet a lot but so far it was all worth it!

On the Revlon counter there were some precious goodies as well. Well spoken about in the UK blogger community and I of course wanted to give this a try too.

Lipstick, liplaquer, lipgloss? No it is a moisture stain! Curious? Continue reading.

In Belgium I haven't seen these Colorstay Moisture stain yet. Maybe they are here available already. Let me know.

On the site of Revlon I saw that there are 11 shades out there. (with the claims: glossy wet colour, creamy and moisturizing) But the most I saw where 6 shades.

I really wanted to get another shade than the one I got but the other shades on the counter didn't appeal me. I got a very vibrant pink, cherry colour called India Intrigue.
First thing that occurred me is that all the shade names have a city or country before the second name part. Which is really fun!

Then the packaging. I like! Normal stain or lacquers have a round shape. This is complete square and the colour of the shade is being seen through the square tube. Easy to find your shade. 



On the bottom of the packaging is also the shade name and shade number. Again easy if you storage your lip product upside down.

The applicator of the stain is, for my small lips, fairly big. Yet its not an issue to me.
When applying the product I actually got the same feeling that I got with the Maybelline Color Elixir.
A glossy feeling. Yet not as a regular gloss.
I also heard that this product needs some work before it starts to look nice. And I do agree with that. With just the applicator I don't feel that you can make this product looking good. You do need your fingers to nicely blend the colour in. Even though I only have one shade my friend bought two and with each shade she as well had this thought.
And after you worked in the product you notice a beautiful nicely pigmented product. That still feels more as a gloss than a stain.

With my friend, who bought more natural colours, you indeed notice after most of the product wears of you are left with a nicely subtle stain. With this more vibrant shade, you are left with a more vivid stain. Very nice as well.
After that stain-y effect I indeed would say that these Moisture Stains are very caring for the lips as well. I don't feel you nééd a lipbalm before applying these.

Overall thought: I really like them. I truly wanted to get more shades.  Yet the colour range doesn't appeal me in the stores. Product wise they are very like-able. Nice pigmentation, very nice subtle or more vibrant stain (depending what shade you went for) and not drying for the lips when become a stain. Similar feeling of the color elixir by Maybelline.

Tell me, have you liked this hype as well?

Geen opmerkingen: